May 12th 2021
Authors & Works:
- James Roderick Burns, “Stealing Wignal,” forthcoming in the May 2021 edition of Button Eye Review.
- Shelagh Johnson, “Jump,” forthcoming in Lily Poetry Review.
- R.C. Ducantlin, “Down the Lane” https://www.rcducantlin.com/
- Susan Nordmark, “Clown Nose”
- J. M. Curet, “Flagged” https://www.facebook.com/jm.curet/
- Nils Peterson, “Finding the Right Word”
- Jason Schwartzman “The Person Who Will Change Your Life”
- Claire Hawkins, “Country Life”
- Kim Amundson, “Blog Post Blood Sport”
- Lita Kurth, “My Horoscope AKA Signs” forthcoming in Cobalt Review
- Lisa Rosenberg “The Fish Coasters” Website: http://www.lisarosenberg.com/
- Tom Herndon, “Mom”
- Rob Davidson, “Blackbirds at Dusk” from Spectators: Flash Fictions (Five Oaks, 2017). Website: robdavidsonauthor.net
The news of Anthony So’s passing just came to our attention. He died in his home in San Francisco on Dec. 8th 2020. He was wildly talented and only 28th years old. He read for Flash Fiction Forum back in August of 2015. His story “The Shop,” about his Khmer father, still resonates with us. His book “Afterparties” is forthcoming in August 2021.
Here’s Our Fabulous Fall Line Up!
Authors and Works:
Gregory Kompes, “Beyond Words”
John Dorrance, “Too Much is Personal”
Tania Martin, “The Breach”
Adele Bihn, “A Flawed Animal”
Ann Hillesland, “California Turnaround”
Anshu Johri, “Not One of Us”
Tarn Wilson, “City Mother”
Leah Mueller, “Safe at Home”
Keiko O’Leary, “Ghost Window”
Ken Weisner “Call Center Songs & Too Big to Care”
Lisa Rosenberg, “Forbidden to Throw Stones in the Sea” & “The Village”
We are putting together a fabulous show for October. Join our flashers for a fun night celebrating the spoken word.
Register early to view this free event https://www.eventbrite.com/e/flash-fiction-forum-october-tickets-121073601401
Readers and works:
Ashley M. Jones, “Bestiary of Bad Kissers” and “I find the Earring That Broke Loose from my Ear the Night a White Woman Told me the World Would Always Save Her” https://ashleymichellejones.wordpress.com/
Hugh Behm-Steinberg, “Poison” https://www.nomadicpress.org/store/animalchildren
Colleen Shoshana McKee, “The White Poodle” https://colleenmckee.blogspot.com/
Marilyn Fahey, “Shine” forthcoming from Avalon Literary Press
Lita Kurth, “Therapy for Bad Guys” Lita Kurth Writing Workshops on Facebook
Jessica Zang, “The Chinese Woman’s Book of Pride”
Renee K Nelson,“ Pacific Grove”
Deborah Kennedy, “Cautionary Tale #23: Predictable and Unpredictable Hazards of Aviation” http://deborahkennedyart.com/
Gregory A. Kompes, “Middle of Nowhere” http://gregoryakompes.com/
Jan Steckel,“The Wild Capybara of Paso Robles” and “Puppy Love Pop Song” http://jansteckel.com
Victoria M. Johnson, “History Park Nightmare” https://victoriamjohnson.com/
Vuong Vu, “War Remnants” published in the premier issue of The Lantern Reviewhttps://touranepoetrypress.wordpress.com/
Hey Y’all – We have a dynamite show in the works! It’s free to register on Eventbrite, so don’t delay.
Teaser: We are proud to be featuring, Ashley Jones, Hugh Behn-Stienburg, Colleen Shoshana McKee, Marilyn Fahey, Lita Kurth, Jessica Zang, Deborah Kennedy, Gregory Kompes, Jan Steckel, Victoria Johnson, and more….
Our June 17th Zoom reading series was a huge success. We had readers Zooming in from Oakland, California and Auckland, New Zealand. We had readers in Turlock and San Francisco. We had people in our audience from Switzerland, where it was 4am. It was wonderful to see so many friendly faces, and read all the wonderful comments in the chat feed. We had over 60 people in our audience – thank you for supporting us!
We apologize to anyone who was unable to join our Zoom, or got kicked out for some reason. We are working on solving those issues for our next event on August 12th.
- Karlo Mila “Eating Dark Chocolate and Watching Paul Holme’s Apology,” from her collection, Dream Fish Floating, Huia Publishers, 2005.
- Allison Landa “Locked Down”
- Kim Johnson “Mother I’m Ashamed to Say the Years Were Dandelion Tamers”
- Kirstin Chen “In Between”
- Jacqueline Doyle “The Lost Umbrella”from The Missing Girl, Lawrence Press, 2017
- yves. from their collection of flash, Something’s Not Right
- Tania Martin “High Anxiety at The Zoo”
- Cynthia Benson “Another Sunny Day in Paradise”
- Katherine Kudriavtsev “I’m Blue Because You’re Not”
- Donnelle McGee “Muh Told Me to Swing Hard, Thích Quảng Đức, and Choppers on Adams Boulevard”
- Stephen D. Gutierrez “Fragments” from The Mexican Man in His Backyard, Roan Press: Sacrament, CA 2014